Laconia Sled Dog Derby set for competition Feb. 22-24
Diane Lyman, spokesman for the race, said organizers decided late last month to postpone the race because there was no snow.
She said races can be held on ice, but enough snow is needed to allow for a snow hook, which allows a sled driver to brake. The three days of races draw anywhere from 30 to 45 teams, which come from New England, the Midwest and Canada.
For more information, visit www.lrsdc.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rosaly Bass' Peterborough kitchen garden grew to a certified organic 25-acre farm - 0
- Proposed development on Wayfarer site gets green light from conservation group - 0
- Baseball icon Zimmer remembered in Windham - 0
- Salem residents can register to vote Tuesday night at municipal office - 0
- Francestown marks Labor Day with almost century-old fete - 0
- Senior News Briefs: AARP event to help women take charge of their futures - 0
- Marie Sletterink celebrates 100th birthday - 0
- Salem considers bonding project with private bank - 0
- Rickety Ranch offers sanctuary for kids, animals - 0
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
The JV team: Obama's unbelievable admission
'Our job is to rebuild that middle class'
Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate
UPDATED: Islamic State issues video of beheading of US hostage, SITE monitoring service says
Derry councilors seek input on land use tax