Laconia Sled Dog Derby set for competition Feb. 22-24
Diane Lyman, spokesman for the race, said organizers decided late last month to postpone the race because there was no snow.
She said races can be held on ice, but enough snow is needed to allow for a snow hook, which allows a sled driver to brake. The three days of races draw anywhere from 30 to 45 teams, which come from New England, the Midwest and Canada.
For more information, visit www.lrsdc.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Awaiting a boy's best friend in Windham - 0
- Salem schools consider kindergarten options - 0
- Retired nurse celebrates 106 years - 0
- NH Senior News: Children to bring Christmas caroling to Littleton area center - 0
- New Wolfeboro bakery seeks funds through crowsourcing, would provide jobs for those with developmental disabilities - 0
- SnowCoach makes winter majesty accessible - 0
- 2 from NH complete Air Force training - 0
- In the longest nights of the year, our birds are living on the edge - 0
- Inmates give back, making Christmas gifts - 0
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
New Wolfeboro bakery seeks funds through crowsourcing, would provide jobs for those with developmental disabilities
A new era for Nashua's police force
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'