Laconia Sled Dog Derby set for competition Feb. 22-24
Diane Lyman, spokesman for the race, said organizers decided late last month to postpone the race because there was no snow.
She said races can be held on ice, but enough snow is needed to allow for a snow hook, which allows a sled driver to brake. The three days of races draw anywhere from 30 to 45 teams, which come from New England, the Midwest and Canada.
For more information, visit www.lrsdc.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bow officer on Mount Everest climb survives avalanche - 0
- Ice Out Declared on Forest Lake - 0
- Lake Winnipesaukee ice-out expected today - 0
- The 2014 winners of the Manchester Historic Association historic preservation awards - 0
- Perkins retiring from Jackson Ski Touring Foundation - 0
- Earth Day events sprouting up in Milton this week - 0
- AHEAD program hits $50K mark for housing initiative - 0
- Hooksett voters sound off on rejected Pinkerton contract - 0
- Cannon closes out season with 46 trails open - 0
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Lake Winnipesaukee ice-out expected today
Ice Out Declared on Forest Lake
Win tickets to see Comedian Mike Birbiglia!
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing