Laconia Sled Dog Derby set for competition Feb. 22-24
Diane Lyman, spokesman for the race, said organizers decided late last month to postpone the race because there was no snow.
She said races can be held on ice, but enough snow is needed to allow for a snow hook, which allows a sled driver to brake. The three days of races draw anywhere from 30 to 45 teams, which come from New England, the Midwest and Canada.
For more information, visit www.lrsdc.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't - 0
- Some mighty tasty burgers at Willy's - 0
- Super Bowl champ makes Manchester appearance - 0
- Police investigating virus that attacked Auburn town, school computers - 1
- Remove Bobhouses from Ice by April 1 - 0
- Hooksett DPW workers say boss is abusive - 0
- Now's the time to assess winter's toll on your yard - 0
- Text of Vote of No Confidence in Public Works Director Leo Lessard - 0
- Questions linger as Auburn selectmen attempt to bring back town administrator - 1
Super Bowl champ makes Manchester appearance
Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't
Some mighty tasty burgers at Willy's
Guide Lines: Options for open-water fishing
Thomas Sowell: Who would trust Iran?
Bedford mom never complained to friend
Taxing tobacco: Hassan's bad proposal
Christie returns to NH in two weeks