Laconia Sled Dog Derby set for competition Feb. 22-24
Diane Lyman, spokesman for the race, said organizers decided late last month to postpone the race because there was no snow.
She said races can be held on ice, but enough snow is needed to allow for a snow hook, which allows a sled driver to brake. The three days of races draw anywhere from 30 to 45 teams, which come from New England, the Midwest and Canada.
For more information, visit www.lrsdc.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tom Chapin is talking numbers: specifically, '70' - 0
- NH Club Notes: Danbury Grange to host benefit for fire victim - 0
- St. Patrick celebrations culminate with Manchester parade - 0
- Adam Ezra Group brings road trip to Granite State this spring - 0
- Astrology and Psychic Fair planned - 0
- Guitar ensemble, rock band students play - 0
- Egg-citing Easter egg hunts starting across Granite State - 0
- Time for maple sugaring in Mt. Washington Valley - 0
- Quarrybrook hosts Maple Day with outdoor activities - 0
On your mark, get set — gather sap
Astrology and Psychic Fair planned
Without gas tax hike, NH House budget stalls
January blizzard officially ruled a disaster
A DOT budget: Hara-kiri on the highway
NH's maple sap isn't as sweet as it once was
George Will: Who says economics is hard?
Rockingham County commissioners vote against defending Conway in possible whistleblower case