Laconia Sled Dog Derby set for competition Feb. 22-24
Diane Lyman, spokesman for the race, said organizers decided late last month to postpone the race because there was no snow.
She said races can be held on ice, but enough snow is needed to allow for a snow hook, which allows a sled driver to brake. The three days of races draw anywhere from 30 to 45 teams, which come from New England, the Midwest and Canada.
For more information, visit www.lrsdc.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police to conduct tactical training Monday - 0
- Police arrest alleged BB gun vandal in Hooksett - 0
- Auburn Village School recognizes Earth Day with celebration - 0
- Accomplice in Salem copper theft gets jail time - 0
- Flooding concerns for neighbors near Salem school - 0
- New London couple given EPA lifetime achievement award - 0
- Zac Brown Band returning to NH - 0
- Gilbert Gottfried's dirty jokes, unmistakable delivery and twisted world views take center stage in Manchester - 1
- Waterville Valley exhibition reflects pop culture of '50s and '60s - 0
Win tickets to see Comedian Mike Birbiglia!
Gilbert Gottfried's dirty jokes, unmistakable delivery and twisted world views take center stage in Manchester
Zac Brown Band returning to NH
Michigan’s ban: Sotomayor’s ‘disadvantages’
No charges in Nashua 'Duck-gate'
Rep. Kuster talks women's economic issues
George Will: Our adolescent President