Laconia Sled Dog Derby set for competition Feb. 22-24
Diane Lyman, spokesman for the race, said organizers decided late last month to postpone the race because there was no snow.
She said races can be held on ice, but enough snow is needed to allow for a snow hook, which allows a sled driver to brake. The three days of races draw anywhere from 30 to 45 teams, which come from New England, the Midwest and Canada.
For more information, visit www.lrsdc.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Crabapple trees great for wildlife in winter - 0
- Alex Preston makes top 10; with go on tour with 'American Idol' - 0
- Pinkerton contract defeat leads to talk of new school - 0
- Gaining independence back through adaptive skiing - 0
- Telling Your Family Story returns to Loeb School - 0
- Salem Public Works employee says she was harassed - 0
- Saul O Sidore Lecture Series at PSU presents Thomas F. Lee 'The Promises and Perils of the New Biology' - 0
- 'Shrek' to be Prescott Park Arts Festival's 2014 Summer Musical - 0
- Win tickets to see Billy Idol - 0
Win tickets to see Cheap Trick
Win tickets to see Billy Idol
Win tickets to see Rusted Root & The Wailers
Win tickets to see Craig Ferguson
Win tickets to see Bruno Mars!
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown announces exploratory committee for US Senate run
NH Supreme Court: Protecting police from liability more important than rights of man wrongly accused of rape
Manchester police pursuit ends in arrest