Hooksett police to hold women's self-defense course
The 12-hour course, held on March 5, 12, 19 and 26 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the station, incorporates the Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.) Systems in teaching women how to protect themselves.
The course is not a martial arts program, but women will learn basic hands-on defense techniques, as well as receive training in awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance.
The classes also include lectures and discussions.
The course is free and open to those age 13 and up.
For more information or to enroll, contact Det. Caitlin Rebe at 624-1560, ext. 134, or email her at email@example.com .
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 0
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 0
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name