Hooksett police to hold women's self-defense course
The 12-hour course, held on March 5, 12, 19 and 26 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the station, incorporates the Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.) Systems in teaching women how to protect themselves.
The course is not a martial arts program, but women will learn basic hands-on defense techniques, as well as receive training in awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance.
The classes also include lectures and discussions.
The course is free and open to those age 13 and up.
For more information or to enroll, contact Det. Caitlin Rebe at 624-1560, ext. 134, or email her at email@example.com .
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Here comes the sun' – Summer Season at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- James 'Superharp' Cotton bring blues to Tupelo - 0
- Strawbery Banke Museum pays tribute to military past and present - 0
- Newmont Military Band conjures sights, sounds of earlier century - 0
- Trial lawyers recount Whitey Bulger case, 'Departed' film screened at Red Rivers - 0
- It's a bard-worthy ShakesBEERience - 0
- Hundreds of Monadnock Region students team with professional musicians - 0
- Dartmouth musicians tackle 'Mahler boot camp' - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Weekend Top 10 Planner
New Hampshire Club News