Hooksett police to hold women's self-defense course
The 12-hour course, held on March 5, 12, 19 and 26 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the station, incorporates the Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.) Systems in teaching women how to protect themselves.
The course is not a martial arts program, but women will learn basic hands-on defense techniques, as well as receive training in awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance.
The classes also include lectures and discussions.
The course is free and open to those age 13 and up.
For more information or to enroll, contact Det. Caitlin Rebe at 624-1560, ext. 134, or email her at email@example.com .
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham Garden Club’s plant sale keeps growing - 0
- Search for Goffstown middle school principal continues - 0
- State Fish and Game rescue Vt. couple off North Walpole trail - 0
- North Country ATV trail opening on schedule - 0
- NH Senior News Briefs - 0
- Winni Derby winner says he caught salmon off Welch's Island - 0
- John Harrigan: Time to do what's right for the loon's haunting call in the night - 11
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 1
- A great day for a road race - 0
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
Mind your (flea-market) manners
NH Senior News Briefs
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack