UNH students offer help on tax returns on Friday
The volunteers are all accounting majors in the Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics and are certified tax preparers with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, a collaboration of UNH, the Internal Revenue Service, Northeast Credit Union and the Creating Assets, Savings and Hope Coalition of Southeastern New Hampshire.
In addition to providing assistance with basic tax returns, volunteers can also show taxpayers how to prepare the returns themselves under a new IRS program called MyFreeTaxes.
Those with total household income below $57,000 qualify for VITA assistance and the MyFreeTaxes program.
This is the ninth year UNH students have volunteered for the VITA program.
Volunteers will be available from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Room 207 of the Memorial Union Building on the Durham campus.
- New Belmont principal excited to move to NH - 0
- 2 finalists for Central High principal to meet public Wednesday - 0
- Nashua board to hear about new writing course - 0
- Plymouth High student upholds family tradition - 0
- VEX robotics teams practice for world championships - 0
- Nashua Library celebrates reading with edible book contest - 0
- Londonderry students serve slices for charity - 0
- All felony convictions requested in Manchester school background checks - 1
- Manchester schools told to increase minority AP enrollment - 4
At presentation at Manchester firm Dyn, middle schoolers learn STEAM Ahead could lead to cool careerREADER COMMENTS: 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mother and child startled by late-night intruder in their Manchester living room - 0
- Hollis police use stun gun on man described as unruly - 0
- Boston marks anniversary of bombing with somber ceremonies - 0
- Warning issued to teens taking the ‘Polar Plunge’ challenge - 0
- Rochester man arrested after crash in Somersworth - 0
- Dover man accused of trying to sexually assault a girl - 0
- Top Manchester school officials no longer must live in city - 8
- Vote: ‘No nit’ policy relaxed for Manchester schools - 3
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Berlin BioPower plant coming up to speed
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers