UNH students offer help on tax returns on Friday
The volunteers are all accounting majors in the Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics and are certified tax preparers with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, a collaboration of UNH, the Internal Revenue Service, Northeast Credit Union and the Creating Assets, Savings and Hope Coalition of Southeastern New Hampshire.
In addition to providing assistance with basic tax returns, volunteers can also show taxpayers how to prepare the returns themselves under a new IRS program called MyFreeTaxes.
Those with total household income below $57,000 qualify for VITA assistance and the MyFreeTaxes program.
This is the ninth year UNH students have volunteered for the VITA program.
Volunteers will be available from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Room 207 of the Memorial Union Building on the Durham campus.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 7
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 5
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112