UNH students offer help on tax returns on Friday
The volunteers are all accounting majors in the Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics and are certified tax preparers with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, a collaboration of UNH, the Internal Revenue Service, Northeast Credit Union and the Creating Assets, Savings and Hope Coalition of Southeastern New Hampshire.
In addition to providing assistance with basic tax returns, volunteers can also show taxpayers how to prepare the returns themselves under a new IRS program called MyFreeTaxes.
Those with total household income below $57,000 qualify for VITA assistance and the MyFreeTaxes program.
This is the ninth year UNH students have volunteered for the VITA program.
Volunteers will be available from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Room 207 of the Memorial Union Building on the Durham campus.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- State asked to re-evaluate Livermore Falls settlement deal - 0
- Livermore 'friends' pleased with potential settlement from Groton Wind project - 1
- Groton Wind sound tests pass muster for committee - 1
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
- Lundberg survey says gas prices fall as refinery output rises - 0
- Peterborough OKs state's largest solar array project - 0
- Settlement reached between Groton Wind and state AG's office - 1
- Peterborough makes plans for state's largest solar array - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name