UNH students offer help on tax returns on Friday
The volunteers are all accounting majors in the Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics and are certified tax preparers with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, a collaboration of UNH, the Internal Revenue Service, Northeast Credit Union and the Creating Assets, Savings and Hope Coalition of Southeastern New Hampshire.
In addition to providing assistance with basic tax returns, volunteers can also show taxpayers how to prepare the returns themselves under a new IRS program called MyFreeTaxes.
Those with total household income below $57,000 qualify for VITA assistance and the MyFreeTaxes program.
This is the ninth year UNH students have volunteered for the VITA program.
Volunteers will be available from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Room 207 of the Memorial Union Building on the Durham campus.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Page One Editorial: Control of NH’s future: Today’s House vote will be one for the ages - 16
- Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands - 9
- Missing the point: The IRS scandal and state power - 25
- Helping panhandlers: A method worth trying in Manchester - 7
- For the people: A century of the NH primary - 0
- What innovation? The casino way is the lazy way - 10
- Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name - 4
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 15
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 35
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Milford team wins seatbelt challenge
Bruins seek repeat effort and complete sweep
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112