UNH students offer help on tax returns on Friday
The volunteers are all accounting majors in the Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics and are certified tax preparers with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, a collaboration of UNH, the Internal Revenue Service, Northeast Credit Union and the Creating Assets, Savings and Hope Coalition of Southeastern New Hampshire.
In addition to providing assistance with basic tax returns, volunteers can also show taxpayers how to prepare the returns themselves under a new IRS program called MyFreeTaxes.
Those with total household income below $57,000 qualify for VITA assistance and the MyFreeTaxes program.
This is the ninth year UNH students have volunteered for the VITA program.
Volunteers will be available from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Room 207 of the Memorial Union Building on the Durham campus.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Another View -- Fred Hiatt: Disengage from the world, and this is what happens - 0
- David Harsanyi: Are teachers really underpaid? - 9
- Jonah Goldberg: The U.N. club needs higher standards - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 20
- Deroy Murdock: What if Gaza were San Diego instead? - 1
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 55
- Another View -- Charles Lane: Obamacare and the Constitution - 22
- John Stossel: Why are we giving the police so much power? - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
- Police seeking help to identify alleged credit card thieves - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride