Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Six warrant items moved to the March ballot at Hudson school deliberative session
Approximately 80 voters attended Monday night’s meeting, which had initially been scheduled for Saturday morning but was postponed due to Blizzard Nemo.
Article 1, the proposed $47,731,629 operating budget comes in just over $500,000 more than the default budget.
Also moved forward was a collective bargaining agreement between the district’s teacher’s union and the Hudson School Board.
If passed by voters next month the new contract would cost $460,595 next year and peak at $502,532 in the following year to reflect salary increases and employee benefits.
Hudson voters will also decide on a new contract for the district’s support staff. If passed, the new contract would cost $37,488 next year and peak at $52,164 in the following year.
Other items include Article 4, a $150,000 addition to the district’s existing expendable trust fund for employee health benefits (with funds coming from the last year’s balance resulting in no tax impact next year); Article 5, a $250,000 feasibility study to determine future facility needs in Hudson; and Article 6, which would allow school officials to create a district contingency fund using unassigned general funds remaining in the coffers at year’s end.
The contingency fund would be available for use in the event of emergency expenditures that arise during the coming year.
Voting on all warrant items will take place on Tuesday, March 12 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Hudson Community Center.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 27
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist