Home » News » Public Safety
Off-duty Manchester firefighter cited for jumping into action at Mass. crash scene
The rollover accident took place last Thursday on Interstate 93 in Methuen.
Defina said the woman he worked on was unconscious and not breathing; he maintained the effort after paramedics arrived.
Massachusetts State Police said Groton resident Nicole Deluca, 23, was thrown from the car and died. A 7-year-old boy was seriously hurt.
"I was pretty sure she wasn't going to make it," Defina said. Still, his actions won praise from Manchester Fire Chief Jim Burkush.
"I like to think everybody helps whenever they can," Burkush said. "With us, there's no hesitation."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett voters reject Pinkerton Academy contract - 0
- Sullovan voters amend planning ordinance - 0
- Langdon voters approve school budget - 0
- Hanson, Woodworth winners in Center Harbor - 0
- Farmington residents pass slight increase to school budget - 0
- Bartlett voters elect new town clerk; Cryans wins Executive Council race in town - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Hampstead voters reject school funding - 0
- Incumbents victorious in Londonderry - 0
Middlebrooks homers; Red Sox win, lose one
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus