Home » News » Public Safety
Off-duty Manchester firefighter cited for jumping into action at Mass. crash scene
The rollover accident took place last Thursday on Interstate 93 in Methuen.
Defina said the woman he worked on was unconscious and not breathing; he maintained the effort after paramedics arrived.
Massachusetts State Police said Groton resident Nicole Deluca, 23, was thrown from the car and died. A 7-year-old boy was seriously hurt.
"I was pretty sure she wasn't going to make it," Defina said. Still, his actions won praise from Manchester Fire Chief Jim Burkush.
"I like to think everybody helps whenever they can," Burkush said. "With us, there's no hesitation."
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 1
- Conway is heartened by word of her letter - 0
- Missing Conway teenager remains in 'grave' danger - 8
- Officials will share new information about missing Conway teen - 1
- Fire scene closes Goffstown's Paige Hill Road - 0
- Newton boy badly hurt when struck by SUV while walking - 0
- Body found floating in Sagamore Creek identified - 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 1
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 9
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072