Home » News » Public Safety
Off-duty Manchester firefighter cited for jumping into action at Mass. crash scene
The rollover accident took place last Thursday on Interstate 93 in Methuen.
Defina said the woman he worked on was unconscious and not breathing; he maintained the effort after paramedics arrived.
Massachusetts State Police said Groton resident Nicole Deluca, 23, was thrown from the car and died. A 7-year-old boy was seriously hurt.
"I was pretty sure she wasn't going to make it," Defina said. Still, his actions won praise from Manchester Fire Chief Jim Burkush.
"I like to think everybody helps whenever they can," Burkush said. "With us, there's no hesitation."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name