Home » News » Public Safety
Off-duty Manchester firefighter cited for jumping into action at Mass. crash scene
The rollover accident took place last Thursday on Interstate 93 in Methuen.
Defina said the woman he worked on was unconscious and not breathing; he maintained the effort after paramedics arrived.
Massachusetts State Police said Groton resident Nicole Deluca, 23, was thrown from the car and died. A 7-year-old boy was seriously hurt.
"I was pretty sure she wasn't going to make it," Defina said. Still, his actions won praise from Manchester Fire Chief Jim Burkush.
"I like to think everybody helps whenever they can," Burkush said. "With us, there's no hesitation."
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 41
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors