Home » News » Public Safety
Kitchen fire in condo sends Ashland resident to hospital
Fire Chief Steve Heath said the fire, which was reported at about 9:15 p.m., started in the home's kitchen. Upon arrival at the scene, rescue crews found one of the home's residents in need of medical evaluation for possible smoke inhalation.
The resident was taken to Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth.
"There were no health problems, as it turned out," Heath said.
Firefighters were able to save much of the home from damage. They also kept the fire from spreading to other condominium units, he said.
"We made a good save," Heath said.
Investigators found that the fire started in the kitchen, but have made no further determination of cause, he said.
The fire was not suspicious in nature, Heath said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 7
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief