All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In


Kitchen fire in condo sends Ashland resident to hospital


ASHLAND - A one-alarm fire that started in a kitchen at a Circle Drive condominium village home sent one of the home's residents to the hospital Monday night, but most of the home was saved.

Fire Chief Steve Heath said the fire, which was reported at about 9:15 p.m., started in the home's kitchen. Upon arrival at the scene, rescue crews found one of the home's residents in need of medical evaluation for possible smoke inhalation.

The resident was taken to Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth.

"There were no health problems, as it turned out," Heath said.

Firefighters were able to save much of the home from damage. They also kept the fire from spreading to other condominium units, he said.

"We made a good save," Heath said.

Investigators found that the fire started in the kitchen, but have made no further determination of cause, he said.

The fire was not suspicious in nature, Heath said.

dseufert@newstote.com

.

Post or View Comments 


NH Maple Weekend NH Maple Weekend
All Weekend

Sap Gathering Contest Sap Gathering Contest
Saturday, 10 a.m.

45th Annual NH Camping and RV Show 45th Annual NH Camping and RV Show
Friday, 1-8 p.m.,
Saturday, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.,
Sunday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Ales for Tails Ales for Tails
Sunday, 1-5 p.m.

The Moth Mainstage The Moth Mainstage
Saturday, 8 p.m.