Home » News » Public Safety
Kitchen fire in condo sends Ashland resident to hospital
Fire Chief Steve Heath said the fire, which was reported at about 9:15 p.m., started in the home's kitchen. Upon arrival at the scene, rescue crews found one of the home's residents in need of medical evaluation for possible smoke inhalation.
The resident was taken to Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth.
"There were no health problems, as it turned out," Heath said.
Firefighters were able to save much of the home from damage. They also kept the fire from spreading to other condominium units, he said.
"We made a good save," Heath said.
Investigators found that the fire started in the kitchen, but have made no further determination of cause, he said.
The fire was not suspicious in nature, Heath said.
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 5
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
- Clarksville man accidentally shoots himself - 0
- KSC graduate in town says he aided a wounded party-goer - 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 4
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 11
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- GT Advanced Technology attorney hoping for Apple agreement today to allow more openness in bankruptcy court - 0
- Nashua caretaker wants evidence suppressed in sexual assault case - 0
- Former coach from Nashua charged in sex assaults claims confession was involuntary - 0
- NH highways have potentialy deadly guardrail end pieces, transportation commissioner says - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 9
- Staples says it is probing possible payment card data breach - 0
- Manchester police: Ga. man stole truck in Mass. to visit mom in NH - 0
- South African Olympian Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's murder - 0
- Expect the unexpected in NHIAA field hockey tourneys - 0
A series of sharp exchanges at 2nd CD debate
Murder-suicide ruled in Fremont deaths
Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar