Kitchen fire in condo sends Ashland resident to hospital
ASHLAND - A one-alarm fire that started in a kitchen at a Circle Drive condominium village home sent one of the home's residents to the hospital Monday night, but most of the home was saved.
Fire Chief Steve Heath said the fire, which was reported at about 9:15 p.m., started in the home's kitchen. Upon arrival at the scene, rescue crews found one of the home's residents in need of medical evaluation for possible smoke inhalation.
The resident was taken to Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth.
"There were no health problems, as it turned out," Heath said.
Firefighters were able to save much of the home from damage. They also kept the fire from spreading to other condominium units, he said.
"We made a good save," Heath said.
Investigators found that the fire started in the kitchen, but have made no further determination of cause, he said.
The fire was not suspicious in nature, Heath said.