Home » News » Public Safety
Kitchen fire in condo sends Ashland resident to hospital
Fire Chief Steve Heath said the fire, which was reported at about 9:15 p.m., started in the home's kitchen. Upon arrival at the scene, rescue crews found one of the home's residents in need of medical evaluation for possible smoke inhalation.
The resident was taken to Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth.
"There were no health problems, as it turned out," Heath said.
Firefighters were able to save much of the home from damage. They also kept the fire from spreading to other condominium units, he said.
"We made a good save," Heath said.
Investigators found that the fire started in the kitchen, but have made no further determination of cause, he said.
The fire was not suspicious in nature, Heath said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
- Injured hiker carried to safety off Mount Israel in Sandwich - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 1
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 1
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance