'NH Today' host Jack Heath moves to WGIR, The Wave
Heath's program has been airing on The Pulse WTPL-FM in Concord for the past five years.
At the Clear Channel stations, Heath's program will air from 6 to 9 a.m. beginning Monday, Feb. 18, and will include discussions, roundtables and interviews on the current topics and politics.
An official announcement on the move is expected on Wednesday.
Heath, a former news director at WMUR television and a 1996 candidate for the U.S. House, confirmed the move and said he was excited about it "because it's Manchester, the state's largest city, and the Seacoast, and there is a potential to build an audience and get good talk on the issues and good sponsors."
"I've certainly enjoyed where I've been," he said. "But this will be more of a statewide platform. It will be a fun challenge."
Clear Channel general manager Joe Graham said, "We are ecstatic to have Jack join us. Our goal is to provide the best content for our listeners. In bringing in Jack as a long-time New Hampshire insider, we know he is going to have a great perspective."
Graham said Heath also fits the company's role of having extensive community involvement.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter teachers were kids' favorites - 6
- Jury overrules panel, awards malpractice verdict in son's death - 21
- Judge continues case against Keene parking meter 'Robin Hoods' - 35
- Teen told no fish story: He's the official derby winner - 0
- Pembroke man's family stunned by his shooting by Manchester police - 0
- New Conway library director coming from Manchester - 0
- Updated: Old Epping cemetery disturbed - 0
- Naturalization ceremony welcomes 26 new Americans - 1
- Pinkerton students pause to remember Lt. Paul DeMeo - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off