'NH Today' host Jack Heath moves to WGIR, The Wave
Heath's program has been airing on The Pulse WTPL-FM in Concord for the past five years.
At the Clear Channel stations, Heath's program will air from 6 to 9 a.m. beginning Monday, Feb. 18, and will include discussions, roundtables and interviews on the current topics and politics.
An official announcement on the move is expected on Wednesday.
Heath, a former news director at WMUR television and a 1996 candidate for the U.S. House, confirmed the move and said he was excited about it "because it's Manchester, the state's largest city, and the Seacoast, and there is a potential to build an audience and get good talk on the issues and good sponsors."
"I've certainly enjoyed where I've been," he said. "But this will be more of a statewide platform. It will be a fun challenge."
Clear Channel general manager Joe Graham said, "We are ecstatic to have Jack join us. Our goal is to provide the best content for our listeners. In bringing in Jack as a long-time New Hampshire insider, we know he is going to have a great perspective."
Graham said Heath also fits the company's role of having extensive community involvement.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads