'NH Today' host Jack Heath moves to WGIR, The Wave
Heath's program has been airing on The Pulse WTPL-FM in Concord for the past five years.
At the Clear Channel stations, Heath's program will air from 6 to 9 a.m. beginning Monday, Feb. 18, and will include discussions, roundtables and interviews on the current topics and politics.
An official announcement on the move is expected on Wednesday.
Heath, a former news director at WMUR television and a 1996 candidate for the U.S. House, confirmed the move and said he was excited about it "because it's Manchester, the state's largest city, and the Seacoast, and there is a potential to build an audience and get good talk on the issues and good sponsors."
"I've certainly enjoyed where I've been," he said. "But this will be more of a statewide platform. It will be a fun challenge."
Clear Channel general manager Joe Graham said, "We are ecstatic to have Jack join us. Our goal is to provide the best content for our listeners. In bringing in Jack as a long-time New Hampshire insider, we know he is going to have a great perspective."
Graham said Heath also fits the company's role of having extensive community involvement.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- A faithful restoration of a Manchester cathedral - 4
- Calender of religious events in the state - 0
- South African chorus at Portsmouth church - 0
- Collection this weekend to help religious communities address a retirement shortfall - 0
- Interfaith Women of NH at Temple Adath Yeshurun - 0
- Candlelight Advent concert Tuesday night at Saint Raphael Church in Manchester - 0
- Keene churches increase winter breakfasts this year - 0
- Pope to visit U.S. next year - 0
- St. Margaret of Scotland in Conway to celebrate the Kirkin' of the Tartan - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind