'NH Today' host Jack Heath moves to WGIR, The Wave
Heath's program has been airing on The Pulse WTPL-FM in Concord for the past five years.
At the Clear Channel stations, Heath's program will air from 6 to 9 a.m. beginning Monday, Feb. 18, and will include discussions, roundtables and interviews on the current topics and politics.
An official announcement on the move is expected on Wednesday.
Heath, a former news director at WMUR television and a 1996 candidate for the U.S. House, confirmed the move and said he was excited about it "because it's Manchester, the state's largest city, and the Seacoast, and there is a potential to build an audience and get good talk on the issues and good sponsors."
"I've certainly enjoyed where I've been," he said. "But this will be more of a statewide platform. It will be a fun challenge."
Clear Channel general manager Joe Graham said, "We are ecstatic to have Jack join us. Our goal is to provide the best content for our listeners. In bringing in Jack as a long-time New Hampshire insider, we know he is going to have a great perspective."
Graham said Heath also fits the company's role of having extensive community involvement.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New London voters pass municipal budget - 0
- Peterborough voters say no to cluster housing, yes to village zone - 0
- Newport voters say yes to police and DPW raises - 0
- Hooksett voters OK budget, police pact - 0
- Voters reject propane-only heating plan at Lafayette Regional School - 0
- Zoning measures against sprawl on Peterborough Town Meeting ballot - 0
- Town engineer, budget increase on Hooksett ballot - 0
- New London residents to vote on $1.17 million budget - 0
- Sanbornton to vote on cruisers, voting date - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 1
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 3
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride