Police: Man claimed to have bomb during Lebanon drug store robbery try
LEBANON - A West Lebanon man who allegedly claimed he had a bomb strapped to his chest while trying to rob a drug store was charged Wednesday by Lebanon police with attempted armed robbery.
Police said Stanley Sousa, 22, went into the store at 4:44 a.m. Wednesday and said he would detonate what he called a bomb if he did not receive drugs. He ended up leaving with nothing and was arrested later Wednesday by police in Hartford, Vt., police said.
Police said Debra Pitts, 27, of Lebanon, and Brian Lewis, 21, of West Lebanon, helped Sousa write a robbery note and drove him to the store. They were each charged with conspiracy to commit armed robbery.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.