Manchester SWAT arrest yields guns, drugs and a mandolin
MANCHESTER - Two men were arrested at gunpoint Tuesday morning on drug and other charges after an investigation by the police department's Special Investigations Unit.
Israel Cruz, 41, and Elmer Valladares Rivera, 29, both of 159 Concord St., were arrested after SWAT pulled over their car at 8:20 a.m. at Dix and Belmont streets.
Both men were wanted on warrants charging them with five counts each of sale of a narcotic drug. Investigators also seized $1,500 in cash that Rivera had on him.
Later, SWAT searched the men's Concord Street residence where they recovered 5.3 grams of heroin, nine oxycodone tablets and a loaded .44 caliber handgun. Additionally, they found a $775 mandolin, with a price tag from Ted Herbert's Music and Arts Center on Elm Street still attached to it. Police determined the Eastman Mandolin MD 505 was stolen from the store sometime late last year.
Cruz and Rivera declined to meet with the bail commissioner and were subsequently held without bail at Valley Street jail pending arraignment Wednesday at 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.
DANIEL ZIKKING said:
YUP THERE ARE AN AWSOME COUPLE THAT ARE GOING AWAY FROM THE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS. HOPPING YOU BOTH GET YOUR FRONT TEETH KNOCKED OUT UPON ENTRY INTO THE BIG HOUSE. PUNKS THAT ARE WELL DESERVING.
February 13, 2013 7:21 pm
DANIEL ZIKKING said:
OH AND BY THE WAY. YOU GOT THOSE BIG EARS TO HOLD ON TO ELMER. LOL
February 13, 2013 7:22 pm
JOHN ALEXION said:
I take it neither one was a musician, on the other hand I think these upstanding gentlemen qualify for Mensa, two applications to be mailed to the jail please. Better make sure it's the shorty application .....just their names and a line to make your mark.
February 13, 2013 8:07 pm
Post a comment
© Union Leader Corp.