Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Manchester SWAT arrest yields guns, drugs and a mandolin
Elmer Valladares Rivera , 29, left, and Israel Cruz, 41, both of 159 Concord St., were arrested after SWAT pulled over their car at 8:20 a.m. at Dix and Belmont streets.
Israel Cruz, 41, and Elmer Valladares Rivera, 29, both of 159 Concord St., were arrested after SWAT pulled over their car at 8:20 a.m. at Dix and Belmont streets.
Both men were wanted on warrants charging them with five counts each of sale of a narcotic drug. Investigators also seized $1,500 in cash that Rivera had on him.
Later, SWAT searched the men's Concord Street residence where they recovered 5.3 grams of heroin, nine oxycodone tablets and a loaded .44 caliber handgun. Additionally, they found a $775 mandolin, with a price tag from Ted Herbert's Music and Arts Center on Elm Street still attached to it. Police determined the Eastman Mandolin MD 505 was stolen from the store sometime late last year.
Cruz and Rivera declined to meet with the bail commissioner and were subsequently held without bail at Valley Street jail pending arraignment Wednesday at 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester carpenter, 51, arraigned in Nashua child sexual assault - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 2
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 1
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 32
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917