All Sections

Home | Crime

Trio of brothers appears in Manchester court; two charged with punching each other

February 12. 2013 9:54PM

MANCHESTER - Three brothers appeared in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on Tuesday, two of them for punching one another and the third for failing to appear in court in Goffstown.

Gage Johnson, 18, of 175 Conant St., pleaded innocent to punching his brother, Ryan, but could enter no plea to a felony criminal threatening charge that alleges he squeezed his brother's neck and threatened him.

Police prosecutor Carissa Pelletier said the 18-year-old has a DWI conviction and a March 2012 criminal trespass conviction that carries a suspended sentence.

Gage said the DWI conviction isn't his, although the name and birth date are the same.

Judge Gregory Michael set bail at $5,000 personal recognizance, with conditions barring contact with Ryan and barring him from Ryan's residence. A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for Feb. 27 and trial on the misdemeanor was set for March 21.

Spencer Johnson, 20, also of the Conant Street address, pleaded innocent to two misdemeanors of simple assault that allege he assaulted his mother and his brother Gage.

Spencer's bail is $1,000 personal recognizance, with an April 8 trial date. His ail conditions bar contact with his mother and brother Gage and bar him from the Conant Street residence. He said he is staying with an aunt.

The third Johnson brother, Ryan, 22, also of the Conant Street address, was in court on a warrant for his failure to appear in Goffstown Court on a theft by unauthorized taking charge.

The warrant called for a $500 cash bail, but Michael set bail at $1,000 personal recognizance and told Ryan to be sure to show up for a Feb. 14 Goffstown court appearance.

Two women threatened

Justin Oliver, 30, who said he is unemployed and lives with his mother at 172 Massabesic St., pleaded innocent Tuesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to seven misdemeanor charges stemming from an incident Feb. 2 at the Massabesic Street address.

Court documents show Oliver came downstairs from his mother's apartment and entered the vacant first-floor apartment, where two women, one of them a longtime friend of his mother, had arrived to paint.

One of the women, who was acting as an agent for the landlord, told Oliver to leave the property and he did not, resulting in a criminal trespass charge.

An assault charge alleges he slapped one woman's hand away from a door handle when she sought to leave and two charges of false imprisonment allege he blocked both women from trying to leave the first-floor apartment An obstructing report of a crime charge alleges Oliver trying to knock a phone from one woman's hand to keep her from calling police.

Two criminal threatening charges allege he told the women separately that if they called police, he would kill them.

A police prosecutor successfully sought $10,000 cash/surety bail for Oliver, saying his criminal history includes drug possession and sale, burglary, conduct after an accident, violation of probation and habitual offender.

Bail conditions bar contact with the two women and bar Oliver from the Massabesic Street address.

Trial was set for March 21.

Dispute over beer

James Buchan, 54, of 137 Orange St., pleaded innocent Tuesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to two charges of simple assault that allege his slapped his wife twice in a dispute over beer.

Buchan protested a proposed $2,000 cash/surety bail, saying he is applying for disability payments and he won't be able to go to appointments.

He also said he wants to be out of jail for his birthday Sunday.

Judge Gregory Michael set bail at the requested $2,000 cash/surety, with bail conditions barring contact with Buchan's wife and barring him from the Orange Street address.

Trial was set for March 20.

Crime, law and justice Manchester

More Headlines