Home » News » Public Safety
Man in stable condition after shooting himself in the chest in Effingham Monday
Carroll County Sheriff's Department deputies, Ossipee police officers, Effingham rescue and emergency personnel, responded about 9 p.m. to a residence at 91 Elm St. after a caller reported the shooting.
According to a release from the Carroll County Sheriff's Office, the man was shot in the chest. Ossipee Valley Ambulance transported the unidentified man to Huggins Hospital in Wolfeboro where he remains in "stable but serious condition," according to the release.
Members of the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, which is based in Ossipee, continue to investigate the matter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 5
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 150
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off