Home » News » Public Safety
Man in stable condition after shooting himself in the chest in Effingham Monday
Carroll County Sheriff's Department deputies, Ossipee police officers, Effingham rescue and emergency personnel, responded about 9 p.m. to a residence at 91 Elm St. after a caller reported the shooting.
According to a release from the Carroll County Sheriff's Office, the man was shot in the chest. Ossipee Valley Ambulance transported the unidentified man to Huggins Hospital in Wolfeboro where he remains in "stable but serious condition," according to the release.
Members of the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, which is based in Ossipee, continue to investigate the matter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 21
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072