Home » News » Public Safety
Man in stable condition after shooting himself in the chest in Effingham Monday
Carroll County Sheriff's Department deputies, Ossipee police officers, Effingham rescue and emergency personnel, responded about 9 p.m. to a residence at 91 Elm St. after a caller reported the shooting.
According to a release from the Carroll County Sheriff's Office, the man was shot in the chest. Ossipee Valley Ambulance transported the unidentified man to Huggins Hospital in Wolfeboro where he remains in "stable but serious condition," according to the release.
Members of the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, which is based in Ossipee, continue to investigate the matter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua - 0
- Police officer, firefighter team up to rescue dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incesed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact