Home » News » Public Safety
Man in stable condition after shooting himself in the chest in Effingham Monday
Carroll County Sheriff's Department deputies, Ossipee police officers, Effingham rescue and emergency personnel, responded about 9 p.m. to a residence at 91 Elm St. after a caller reported the shooting.
According to a release from the Carroll County Sheriff's Office, the man was shot in the chest. Ossipee Valley Ambulance transported the unidentified man to Huggins Hospital in Wolfeboro where he remains in "stable but serious condition," according to the release.
Members of the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, which is based in Ossipee, continue to investigate the matter.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 41
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors