NHIAA Roundup: Manchester Central skaters ice Nashua South
Austin Sprague of Central scores on Nashua South goaltender Alexander Bender in the first period at the JFK Coliseum in Manchester on Wednesday. (THOMAS ROY/UNION LEADER)
NHIAA box scores, summaries for Feb. 13
Trevor Malmgren and Austin Sprague each had two goals and one assist against Nashua South (1-14) at JFK Coliseum on Tuesday.
Devon Sprague contributed three assists as Manchester Central improved to 10-4. Nathan Potvin had one goal and two assists while Scott Robidoux, Cole Anderson, Tyler Stratton and Colin Pacheco each had one goal and one assist. Chad Lougee had two assists. Central will host Hanover Saturday at 4:30 p.m. at the JFK Coliseum.
Bishop Guertin 3, Nashua North 1: At Nashua, Reed Farhat broke a tie game in the second period, host Bishop Guertin turned up the defensive intensity for a victory at Conway Arena. Max McCabe and Ben Hadley also scored for the Cardinals (7-6), and goalie Griffin Scanlon made 10 saves. Scanlon and Matt Blais picked up assists on BG's final goal scored by Hadley. Tim Paige scored in the second period for Nashua North, which dropped to 5-10 in Division I. Jake Genest made 20 saves for the Titans.
Dover 6, Alvirne 3: At Tyngsboro, Mass., Eli Cobb scored three goals in the first period to lead the Green Wave (9-4-1) over the Broncos (4-11) in a Division II matchup. Reed Vandergraaf had a pair for Alvirne.
Girls' ice hockey
Oyster River 2, Bishop Brady-Trinity 0: At Durham, Hannah Herz-Kahan scored the game-winner in the second period and set up Kaeli McPhee for an insurance marker in the third as the Bobcats (10-3-1) got past Bishop Brady-Trinity (5-9). Sarah Plourde made 21 saves in goals for the visitors.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- NHIAA Division I baseball tourney picture about to become clear - 1
- NHIAA Tennis: Bedford is championship-focused - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Hanover's Cravero hurls another no-hitter - 0
- Memorial boys take city track meet for 10th straight year - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Pinkerton beats Trinity in key game - 0
- Kevin Gray's H.S. Lacrosse: It's not easy facing West - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Trinity's Currier stops Nashua North - 0
- Campbell nine edges Hopkinton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 7
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 12
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 19
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 7
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 4
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Derry marks a soldier's death
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013