NHIAA Roundup: Manchester Central skaters ice Nashua South
Trevor Malmgren and Austin Sprague each had two goals and one assist against Nashua South (1-14) at JFK Coliseum on Tuesday.
Devon Sprague contributed three assists as Manchester Central improved to 10-4. Nathan Potvin had one goal and two assists while Scott Robidoux, Cole Anderson, Tyler Stratton and Colin Pacheco each had one goal and one assist. Chad Lougee had two assists. Central will host Hanover Saturday at 4:30 p.m. at the JFK Coliseum.
Bishop Guertin 3, Nashua North 1: At Nashua, Reed Farhat broke a tie game in the second period, host Bishop Guertin turned up the defensive intensity for a victory at Conway Arena. Max McCabe and Ben Hadley also scored for the Cardinals (7-6), and goalie Griffin Scanlon made 10 saves. Scanlon and Matt Blais picked up assists on BG's final goal scored by Hadley. Tim Paige scored in the second period for Nashua North, which dropped to 5-10 in Division I. Jake Genest made 20 saves for the Titans.
Dover 6, Alvirne 3: At Tyngsboro, Mass., Eli Cobb scored three goals in the first period to lead the Green Wave (9-4-1) over the Broncos (4-11) in a Division II matchup. Reed Vandergraaf had a pair for Alvirne.
Girls' ice hockey
Oyster River 2, Bishop Brady-Trinity 0: At Durham, Hannah Herz-Kahan scored the game-winner in the second period and set up Kaeli McPhee for an insurance marker in the third as the Bobcats (10-3-1) got past Bishop Brady-Trinity (5-9). Sarah Plourde made 21 saves in goals for the visitors.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
- Charles Lane: A Social Security fix that fixes nothing - 21
- Fergus Cullen: Baines and Bramante modernize education for the iTunes era - 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 8
- Ted Gatsas and Bob Baines: STEAM Ahead will transform students' lives in Manchester - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: No, Obamacare is not remotely close to fixed - 2
- George Will: A case for containing Iran - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use