NHIAA Roundup: Manchester Central skaters ice Nashua South
Austin Sprague of Central scores on Nashua South goaltender Alexander Bender in the first period at the JFK Coliseum in Manchester on Wednesday. (THOMAS ROY/UNION LEADER)
NHIAA box scores, summaries for Feb. 13
Trevor Malmgren and Austin Sprague each had two goals and one assist against Nashua South (1-14) at JFK Coliseum on Tuesday.
Devon Sprague contributed three assists as Manchester Central improved to 10-4. Nathan Potvin had one goal and two assists while Scott Robidoux, Cole Anderson, Tyler Stratton and Colin Pacheco each had one goal and one assist. Chad Lougee had two assists. Central will host Hanover Saturday at 4:30 p.m. at the JFK Coliseum.
Bishop Guertin 3, Nashua North 1: At Nashua, Reed Farhat broke a tie game in the second period, host Bishop Guertin turned up the defensive intensity for a victory at Conway Arena. Max McCabe and Ben Hadley also scored for the Cardinals (7-6), and goalie Griffin Scanlon made 10 saves. Scanlon and Matt Blais picked up assists on BG's final goal scored by Hadley. Tim Paige scored in the second period for Nashua North, which dropped to 5-10 in Division I. Jake Genest made 20 saves for the Titans.
Dover 6, Alvirne 3: At Tyngsboro, Mass., Eli Cobb scored three goals in the first period to lead the Green Wave (9-4-1) over the Broncos (4-11) in a Division II matchup. Reed Vandergraaf had a pair for Alvirne.
Girls' ice hockey
Oyster River 2, Bishop Brady-Trinity 0: At Durham, Hannah Herz-Kahan scored the game-winner in the second period and set up Kaeli McPhee for an insurance marker in the third as the Bobcats (10-3-1) got past Bishop Brady-Trinity (5-9). Sarah Plourde made 21 saves in goals for the visitors.
READER COMMENTS: 13
- Fergus Cullen: Is Rand Paul peaking too early? (That’s a joke, people) - 16
- John Stossel: Sublet my people go - 0
- Another View: A voter ID compromise with which we all can live - 15
- George Will: The NLRB’s school-door stand - 1
- Pat Buchanan: Barack Obama is the spectator President - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama's 'idiot' defense - 1
- Another View: Amendments to the Senate casino bill make it worth passing - 4
- Charles Arlinghaus: On Medicaid expansion, the right answer is, 'not yet' - 2
- Deroy Murdock: A bloated state necessarily bullies, as the IRS did - 3
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Smokey oven fire forces Nashua evacuation - 0
- Driver dozes, car wipes out Merrimack Chamber of Commerce information booth - 0
- Late snowfall ties New Hampshire record set in 1967 - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Sans dice, how will Hassan roll now? - 3
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 3
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 2
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions