NHIAA Roundup: Manchester Central skaters ice Nashua South
Austin Sprague of Central scores on Nashua South goaltender Alexander Bender in the first period at the JFK Coliseum in Manchester on Wednesday. (THOMAS ROY/UNION LEADER)
NHIAA box scores, summaries for Feb. 13
Trevor Malmgren and Austin Sprague each had two goals and one assist against Nashua South (1-14) at JFK Coliseum on Tuesday.
Devon Sprague contributed three assists as Manchester Central improved to 10-4. Nathan Potvin had one goal and two assists while Scott Robidoux, Cole Anderson, Tyler Stratton and Colin Pacheco each had one goal and one assist. Chad Lougee had two assists. Central will host Hanover Saturday at 4:30 p.m. at the JFK Coliseum.
Bishop Guertin 3, Nashua North 1: At Nashua, Reed Farhat broke a tie game in the second period, host Bishop Guertin turned up the defensive intensity for a victory at Conway Arena. Max McCabe and Ben Hadley also scored for the Cardinals (7-6), and goalie Griffin Scanlon made 10 saves. Scanlon and Matt Blais picked up assists on BG's final goal scored by Hadley. Tim Paige scored in the second period for Nashua North, which dropped to 5-10 in Division I. Jake Genest made 20 saves for the Titans.
Dover 6, Alvirne 3: At Tyngsboro, Mass., Eli Cobb scored three goals in the first period to lead the Green Wave (9-4-1) over the Broncos (4-11) in a Division II matchup. Reed Vandergraaf had a pair for Alvirne.
Girls' ice hockey
Oyster River 2, Bishop Brady-Trinity 0: At Durham, Hannah Herz-Kahan scored the game-winner in the second period and set up Kaeli McPhee for an insurance marker in the third as the Bobcats (10-3-1) got past Bishop Brady-Trinity (5-9). Sarah Plourde made 21 saves in goals for the visitors.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos - 23
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 1
- Tiny Thomas More College class urged to be courageous - 0
- Lebanon College graduates 19 - 0
- Plymouth State speaker tells grads to 'Become agents of change' - 1
- Former FBI head tells St. Anselm graduates it is important to give back - 1
- UNH commencement speaker tells graduates: Don't worry about mistakes, learn from them - 14
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 1
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack