NHIAA Roundup: Manchester Central skaters ice Nashua South
Trevor Malmgren and Austin Sprague each had two goals and one assist against Nashua South (1-14) at JFK Coliseum on Tuesday.
Devon Sprague contributed three assists as Manchester Central improved to 10-4. Nathan Potvin had one goal and two assists while Scott Robidoux, Cole Anderson, Tyler Stratton and Colin Pacheco each had one goal and one assist. Chad Lougee had two assists. Central will host Hanover Saturday at 4:30 p.m. at the JFK Coliseum.
Bishop Guertin 3, Nashua North 1: At Nashua, Reed Farhat broke a tie game in the second period, host Bishop Guertin turned up the defensive intensity for a victory at Conway Arena. Max McCabe and Ben Hadley also scored for the Cardinals (7-6), and goalie Griffin Scanlon made 10 saves. Scanlon and Matt Blais picked up assists on BG's final goal scored by Hadley. Tim Paige scored in the second period for Nashua North, which dropped to 5-10 in Division I. Jake Genest made 20 saves for the Titans.
Dover 6, Alvirne 3: At Tyngsboro, Mass., Eli Cobb scored three goals in the first period to lead the Green Wave (9-4-1) over the Broncos (4-11) in a Division II matchup. Reed Vandergraaf had a pair for Alvirne.
Girls' ice hockey
Oyster River 2, Bishop Brady-Trinity 0: At Durham, Hannah Herz-Kahan scored the game-winner in the second period and set up Kaeli McPhee for an insurance marker in the third as the Bobcats (10-3-1) got past Bishop Brady-Trinity (5-9). Sarah Plourde made 21 saves in goals for the visitors.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 2
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 1
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize