Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: Franklin Pierce hockey edges Southern New Hhampshire University
The Ravens improved to 8-12-2 overall and 6-3-1 in the NE-10. The Penmen fall to 6-10-3 overall and 4-5-1 in the conference.
Daniel Webster College 60, Bay Path 46: In Holyoke, Mass., freshman guard Ashley Giampetruzzi of Manchester topped all players with 17 points. Giampetruzzi added five rebounds, three assists, two steals and two blocks.
Women's ice hockey
Plymouth State 1, Castleton State 1: In Plymouth, junior goaltender Ali Ponte had 44 saves and classmate Katie Landry scored a power play goal with less than three minutes remaining for the Panthers.
Track and Field
UNH: In Boston on Tuesday, Kevin Greene and John Prizzi captured individual titles to lead the men's team to a fifth-place finish at the America East Championships at the Reggie Lewis Center.
Greene won the mile in an IC4A-qualifying time of 4 minutes, 13.93 seconds. Prizzi claimed first-place in the 3,000 meters in 8:23.74 to qualify for the IC4A Championships.
In the women's meet for UNH which finished fifth, Keely Maguire placed runner-up in the 3,000 meters with an ECAC-qualifying time of 9:29.49. Elise Beattie claimed second place in the 5,000 meters in an ECAC-qualifying time of 17:15.62.
UNH: Sam Lopes has been hired as the women's soccer head coach. Lopes has over 11 years of women's soccer coaching experience. Most recently Lopes served as the top assistant at Providence College.
SNHU: The Penmen will host Franklin Pierce today in a women's (5:30 p.m. start) and men's (7:30 p.m.) basketball doubleheader.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos - 23
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 1
- Tiny Thomas More College class urged to be courageous - 0
- Lebanon College graduates 19 - 0
- Plymouth State speaker tells grads to 'Become agents of change' - 1
- Former FBI head tells St. Anselm graduates it is important to give back - 1
- UNH commencement speaker tells graduates: Don't worry about mistakes, learn from them - 14
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 1
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack