Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: Franklin Pierce hockey edges Southern New Hhampshire University
The Ravens improved to 8-12-2 overall and 6-3-1 in the NE-10. The Penmen fall to 6-10-3 overall and 4-5-1 in the conference.
Daniel Webster College 60, Bay Path 46: In Holyoke, Mass., freshman guard Ashley Giampetruzzi of Manchester topped all players with 17 points. Giampetruzzi added five rebounds, three assists, two steals and two blocks.
Women's ice hockey
Plymouth State 1, Castleton State 1: In Plymouth, junior goaltender Ali Ponte had 44 saves and classmate Katie Landry scored a power play goal with less than three minutes remaining for the Panthers.
Track and Field
UNH: In Boston on Tuesday, Kevin Greene and John Prizzi captured individual titles to lead the men's team to a fifth-place finish at the America East Championships at the Reggie Lewis Center.
Greene won the mile in an IC4A-qualifying time of 4 minutes, 13.93 seconds. Prizzi claimed first-place in the 3,000 meters in 8:23.74 to qualify for the IC4A Championships.
In the women's meet for UNH which finished fifth, Keely Maguire placed runner-up in the 3,000 meters with an ECAC-qualifying time of 9:29.49. Elise Beattie claimed second place in the 5,000 meters in an ECAC-qualifying time of 17:15.62.
UNH: Sam Lopes has been hired as the women's soccer head coach. Lopes has over 11 years of women's soccer coaching experience. Most recently Lopes served as the top assistant at Providence College.
SNHU: The Penmen will host Franklin Pierce today in a women's (5:30 p.m. start) and men's (7:30 p.m.) basketball doubleheader.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 2
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 1
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize