Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: Franklin Pierce hockey edges Southern New Hhampshire University
The Ravens improved to 8-12-2 overall and 6-3-1 in the NE-10. The Penmen fall to 6-10-3 overall and 4-5-1 in the conference.
Daniel Webster College 60, Bay Path 46: In Holyoke, Mass., freshman guard Ashley Giampetruzzi of Manchester topped all players with 17 points. Giampetruzzi added five rebounds, three assists, two steals and two blocks.
Women's ice hockey
Plymouth State 1, Castleton State 1: In Plymouth, junior goaltender Ali Ponte had 44 saves and classmate Katie Landry scored a power play goal with less than three minutes remaining for the Panthers.
Track and Field
UNH: In Boston on Tuesday, Kevin Greene and John Prizzi captured individual titles to lead the men's team to a fifth-place finish at the America East Championships at the Reggie Lewis Center.
Greene won the mile in an IC4A-qualifying time of 4 minutes, 13.93 seconds. Prizzi claimed first-place in the 3,000 meters in 8:23.74 to qualify for the IC4A Championships.
In the women's meet for UNH which finished fifth, Keely Maguire placed runner-up in the 3,000 meters with an ECAC-qualifying time of 9:29.49. Elise Beattie claimed second place in the 5,000 meters in an ECAC-qualifying time of 17:15.62.
UNH: Sam Lopes has been hired as the women's soccer head coach. Lopes has over 11 years of women's soccer coaching experience. Most recently Lopes served as the top assistant at Providence College.
SNHU: The Penmen will host Franklin Pierce today in a women's (5:30 p.m. start) and men's (7:30 p.m.) basketball doubleheader.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs roll up their sleeves for Game 4 - 0
- Jones, Monarchs stay alive with Game 3 win - 0
- Monarchs in must-win situation Thursday night in Manchester - 0
- Second close loss in two days puts Monarchs in 0-2 playoff hole - 0
- Monarchs edged in overtime in playoff opener - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Hockey: Trying to stay on a roll - 1
- Monarchs complete amazing late-season surge to clinch playoff spot - 1
- Monarchs vault into playoff position - 0
- On Hockey: Monarchs need one final playoff push - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 0
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- No curbside collections in Manchester on Monday - 0
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death