Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: Franklin Pierce hockey edges Southern New Hhampshire University
The Ravens improved to 8-12-2 overall and 6-3-1 in the NE-10. The Penmen fall to 6-10-3 overall and 4-5-1 in the conference.
Daniel Webster College 60, Bay Path 46: In Holyoke, Mass., freshman guard Ashley Giampetruzzi of Manchester topped all players with 17 points. Giampetruzzi added five rebounds, three assists, two steals and two blocks.
Women's ice hockey
Plymouth State 1, Castleton State 1: In Plymouth, junior goaltender Ali Ponte had 44 saves and classmate Katie Landry scored a power play goal with less than three minutes remaining for the Panthers.
Track and Field
UNH: In Boston on Tuesday, Kevin Greene and John Prizzi captured individual titles to lead the men's team to a fifth-place finish at the America East Championships at the Reggie Lewis Center.
Greene won the mile in an IC4A-qualifying time of 4 minutes, 13.93 seconds. Prizzi claimed first-place in the 3,000 meters in 8:23.74 to qualify for the IC4A Championships.
In the women's meet for UNH which finished fifth, Keely Maguire placed runner-up in the 3,000 meters with an ECAC-qualifying time of 9:29.49. Elise Beattie claimed second place in the 5,000 meters in an ECAC-qualifying time of 17:15.62.
UNH: Sam Lopes has been hired as the women's soccer head coach. Lopes has over 11 years of women's soccer coaching experience. Most recently Lopes served as the top assistant at Providence College.
SNHU: The Penmen will host Franklin Pierce today in a women's (5:30 p.m. start) and men's (7:30 p.m.) basketball doubleheader.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Missing the point: The IRS scandal and state power - 12
- Helping panhandlers: A method worth trying in Manchester - 7
- For the people: A century of the NH primary - 0
- What innovation? The casino way is the lazy way - 10
- Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name - 4
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 15
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 34
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 5
- Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 5
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 11
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs