Litchfield's first Winter Fest features Parents' Night Out
Organized by the Litchfield Recreation Commission, the event features numerous family activities. Winter Fest kicks off Friday night with a Parents' Night Out. Parents are encouraged to bring their children to Talent Hall from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Volunteers will watch the kids and couples can enjoy a night out. For $5 per child, youngsters can enjoy activities such as bingo and a movie.
Children must be at least 3 years of age and potty-trained, and are welcome to wear their pajamas and bring a pillow and blanket.
On Saturday, the gates open at 9:30 a.m. at Roy Memorial Park and Talent Hall with ice skating, snowmobile racing, snow volleyball, sled races, face painting and a bring-your-own beer garden.
At 11 a.m., Fisher Cats mascot Fungo will be on hand and a wrestling demonstration will take place. At 12:30 p.m., a chili contest will begin in conjunction with a cheerleading demonstration, followed by karate at 3 p.m. and a visit from Monarchs Max at 3:30 p.m.
Local police and fire crews will compete in a hockey game with residents starting at 4:30 p.m., followed by a cornhole tournament at 6 p.m. Dog sled rides provided by Seal Cove Journeys will be held throughout the day for $20 a ride.
Life & Culture
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 0
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 0
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH