June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Police charge Manchester man as armed career criminal after finding stolen gun, drugs
Robert Doane, 26, of 151 Sagamore St., became the subject of a drug investigation after police learned he was selling heroin out of his residence, according to a news release.
Detectives set up surveillance of his home on Jan. 29, but Doane spotted them and, suspicious of their unmarked police car, refused to complete a heroin deal with two men outside his home.
A week later, state Probation and Parole officer, together with police, conducted a check on Doane at his Sagamore Street address. Doane was not home but police said they recovered a small quantity of drugs along with a gun that had been reported stolen Jan. 7 from a car parked in the lot at Target in Hooksett.
Doane was picked up that same day on a parole violation and returned to the New Hampshire State Prison.
On Wednesday, police charged him with receiving stolen property; convicted felon in possession of a firearm; attempted sale of a narcotic; possession of a narcotic; and being an armed career criminal.
Doane has a fairly long criminal record dating back to 2004, according to Jeffrey Lyons, spokesman for the state Department of Corrections.
He has convictions for robberies, burglaries, thefts, falsifying physical evidence, criminal mischief and shoplifting.
What's next: He is expected to be arraigned Thursday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 24
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 29
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424