May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Police charge Manchester man as armed career criminal after finding stolen gun, drugs
Robert Doane, 26, of 151 Sagamore St., became the subject of a drug investigation after police learned he was selling heroin out of his residence, according to a news release.
Detectives set up surveillance of his home on Jan. 29, but Doane spotted them and, suspicious of their unmarked police car, refused to complete a heroin deal with two men outside his home.
A week later, state Probation and Parole officer, together with police, conducted a check on Doane at his Sagamore Street address. Doane was not home but police said they recovered a small quantity of drugs along with a gun that had been reported stolen Jan. 7 from a car parked in the lot at Target in Hooksett.
Doane was picked up that same day on a parole violation and returned to the New Hampshire State Prison.
On Wednesday, police charged him with receiving stolen property; convicted felon in possession of a firearm; attempted sale of a narcotic; possession of a narcotic; and being an armed career criminal.
Doane has a fairly long criminal record dating back to 2004, according to Jeffrey Lyons, spokesman for the state Department of Corrections.
He has convictions for robberies, burglaries, thefts, falsifying physical evidence, criminal mischief and shoplifting.
What's next: He is expected to be arraigned Thursday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424