Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Police charge Manchester man as armed career criminal after finding stolen gun, drugs
Robert Doane, 26, of 151 Sagamore St., became the subject of a drug investigation after police learned he was selling heroin out of his residence, according to a news release.
Detectives set up surveillance of his home on Jan. 29, but Doane spotted them and, suspicious of their unmarked police car, refused to complete a heroin deal with two men outside his home.
A week later, state Probation and Parole officer, together with police, conducted a check on Doane at his Sagamore Street address. Doane was not home but police said they recovered a small quantity of drugs along with a gun that had been reported stolen Jan. 7 from a car parked in the lot at Target in Hooksett.
Doane was picked up that same day on a parole violation and returned to the New Hampshire State Prison.
On Wednesday, police charged him with receiving stolen property; convicted felon in possession of a firearm; attempted sale of a narcotic; possession of a narcotic; and being an armed career criminal.
Doane has a fairly long criminal record dating back to 2004, according to Jeffrey Lyons, spokesman for the state Department of Corrections.
He has convictions for robberies, burglaries, thefts, falsifying physical evidence, criminal mischief and shoplifting.
What's next: He is expected to be arraigned Thursday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424