Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Police charge Manchester man as armed career criminal after finding stolen gun, drugs
Robert Doane, 26, of 151 Sagamore St., became the subject of a drug investigation after police learned he was selling heroin out of his residence, according to a news release.
Detectives set up surveillance of his home on Jan. 29, but Doane spotted them and, suspicious of their unmarked police car, refused to complete a heroin deal with two men outside his home.
A week later, state Probation and Parole officer, together with police, conducted a check on Doane at his Sagamore Street address. Doane was not home but police said they recovered a small quantity of drugs along with a gun that had been reported stolen Jan. 7 from a car parked in the lot at Target in Hooksett.
Doane was picked up that same day on a parole violation and returned to the New Hampshire State Prison.
On Wednesday, police charged him with receiving stolen property; convicted felon in possession of a firearm; attempted sale of a narcotic; possession of a narcotic; and being an armed career criminal.
Doane has a fairly long criminal record dating back to 2004, according to Jeffrey Lyons, spokesman for the state Department of Corrections.
He has convictions for robberies, burglaries, thefts, falsifying physical evidence, criminal mischief and shoplifting.
What's next: He is expected to be arraigned Thursday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG petitions judge to remove Rockingham County attorney from office - 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus